BEST DRESSED: OSCARS 2015

I have to admit, I was disappointed at the fashion at the Oscars this year and I think it is mostly because of who actually attended. You know, it's not like Angelina was there, or Clooney (and wife). Jennifer Lawrence is also someone I look forward to seeing at these events, but again it just wasn't as big as last year. With that said, Neil did a great job, but last year's Oscars with Ellen were epic. Also, everyone already knew The Grand Budapest Hotel was going to win everything and Birdman would pick up the remainder. AND how rude was it of The Academy to not include Joan Rivers in their Memoriam? They claimed it was because they ran out of time. Seriously?

I did have a few favorites but no one stood out to me like WOW. My top four best dressed include Jennifer Aniston, Emma Stone, Jennifer Lopez and Margot Robbie. Ok, obviously Jennifer Aniston can do no wrong she is PERFECT. She is wearing a shimmering Altelier Versace nude beaded dress with Stuart Weitzman "nudist" sandals. Emma is in Elie Saab (one of my personal favorite designers), with Tiffany & Co. jewelry. I think only Emma could pull of this color. It looks so good with her complexion. J. Lo is also in Elie Saab and it is stunning. HOWEVER. Robert Duvall's wife, Luciana, wore THE SAME DRESS, in a slightly different color (peach). Margot wore a Saint Laurent simple black gown, but oh my god her Van Cleef & Arpels vintage necklace made the entire look. It is worth $1.5 million!

It looks like the trend of the night, for the most part was nudes,  intricate beaded work and pastels.
Jenna Dewan-Tatum in a Zuhair Murad gown and Stuart Weitzman heels, Anna Faris also in Zuhair Murad. Zoe Saldana, just TWO MONTHS after having twins is in Atelier Verace with Neil Lane jewels, and Kerry Washington in Miu Miu.

So I took the inspiration from last night and found a few gowns for under $250 (one is as low as $46!) These are great for weddings, prom, or any other fancy event you might have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment